Saturday, September 01, 2007

Creativity and Life


How and when does creativity spark? I know when I’m worried my mind is filled with clout and therefore, I’m unable to expand outside of the box. I ask this because in a few days I am about to embark on an incredible journey and my mind is filled with so many thoughts of what to bring, where to go, and how I’m going to make it happen, that I have been unable to write for awhile and truly be creative.

But, I’m slowly realizing that being scared is a good thing. Anxiety sometimes is the first day of your new journey. And realizing that the unknown is about to strike like a lightning bolt is sometimes okay. So thank goodness for sometimes because that is where I am at.

In five days, I leave for new countries. I will explore them with a camera in hand and no certain destination or pre-conclusions of what it will bring. I’ll be faced with a different language where I can’t even read, or further comprehend, the alphabet. Cultural standards will be different so I guess I’ve got to keep the mini skirts at home.

I won’t be able to understand the family with their children on the playground, I won’t be able to understand the menu choices (and hopefully I won’t end up with pigs feet or something), and I won’t be able to understand the money conversions.

However, I will understand a smile and body language. I’ll be able to tell if a couple is truly in love or just trying to be in love. I’ll be able to watch the sunrise and realize that all the people around me, no matter where they are from, experience the same sense of peace and joy from each ray of color. I’ll be able to understand that the waves still crash the same, the smiles are still genuine, and the people still experience sadness, happiness, confusion, anxiety, and ultimately ecstasy.

And if I don’t, I’ll let you know. But, for now, just pray for my ability to truly open up, let in, and let go…because this is a trip of a lifetime and I’m just fortunate enough that I have a company that supports it, family that enriches it, and friends that always give me love no matter where I am going or what crazy experiences I decide to do.

Arriverdici…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not crazy. Awe inspiring.

7:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home