Friday, August 08, 2008

Wow! My birthday. It really is just another year older and it’s kinda sad how all the enthusiasm and excitement tends to go to waste over the years. However, I still have to sit back and reflect to realize why I came on this earth and not only what I've accomplished for myself, but what I've done for others.

Looking back, my 28th year has been filled with joy, hope, uncertainty, adventure, comfort, love, regret, fear, change and more change. And, through it all, it has been a wonderful process and I’m content where I am. I’m not married – no. I don’t have children. I don’t even have god children. I don’t own my own company. I don’t have my own photography studio. Glad I got that out of the way…

What I have: love. I have faith. I have the confidence in myself to make the right decisions and if I don’t, I have the courage to deal with them. I have an amazing spirit inside me and I have a heart that still beats. I’m wiser than I was (thank goodness) and I’m stronger than I was (or, at least I think). Wisdom and grace are two of the most important items you can ask for and I’m just thankful that I slowly am realizing what they are.

This past year, I ran a marathon and raised money for cancer research; took an amazing trip to Greece, Italy, and Spain that I’ll never forget; embraced my body realizing that 120 pounds might not be healthy; listened to the beach; realized that solitude and novels are what I need; contemplated sailing around the world; fell in love; shut my mouth once in awhile and listened. Through all of that, I embraced my life.

It’s going to be a good year, I can just feel it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home