Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Warming Trends

As I drove home tonight with my window of my car rolled down and the sweetest scent of the ocean, I thought about the tidal force and power behind those magnificent waves in the ocean. I don’t know if it’s the affect the summer has on us, or the night I had but, I felt sexy and alive with nature. I finally understood the warming trend of the ocean.

I thought about how sometimes the waves collide and other times, they leave one another alone. When the wave can travel peacefully, the surfer and wave coalesces as one.

What other objects coalesce as one? Do dolphins and mermaids? And if they do, what tips can those creatures offer me? Maybe they would whisper: “There’s no rest at all in freedom. The choices we are given, sometimes don’t leave us with one single choice at all. And, when you are touched by another human, sometimes you just have to let it swim away.”

I thought about the Birch Aquarium I went to the other weekend and how mesmerized I was by each color palette I saw. I was like a little kid staring at each ocean creature with open eyes, face pressed right up against the glass, and heart pounding. Was I secretly hoping the fish would speak to me?! Maybe [while blushing].

Although I didn’t hear any ‘wise words of bubbles’ from those intelligent sea creatures, I did learn something. Life really is about letting the air blow through your hair, listening to nature, and realizing that there is something much greater than what you and I can understand.

We can’t do it all alone…

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait...does the air run through the hair of a fish?

Just kidding. This is a great post. You are always so inspiring.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home