Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Reflections of 2008 -- It's About Time



2008 became a year of stability and change. I made some major moves to brighten my horizons and delude the craziness. I moved closer to the ocean so the positive ions would influence my creative side and since moving, I’ve picked up a paint brush, strummed on my guitar, and mastered hand stands in the sand.




Other things that blessed my year:

S: Started the New Year off with friends and laughter in Costa Rica. Getting over a major loss, I rode the warm waves, zip lined through the jungle and breathed in the misty jungle air.
T: Tanned a bit less and toughened up a bit more.
A: A trip to Arizona brought family history, healed wounds, and awe of the Sedona mountains with my favorite person in the world.
B: Board games filled my soul and brought me back to childhood.
I: Iowa allowed hours with my father listening and laughing, a few days with my brother and sister looking at architecture, making food and watching movies, and time with my old college friends watching two people dedicate the rest of their lives to one another.
L: Listening to the waves brought me back to open my ears…and heart.
I: Intimacy with new friends and the bf allowed me to recognize love, openness, and shame.
T: Travel up and down the Californian coast reminded me of God’s nature; how the sun rises and sets in perfect intervals. Magic mountain, universal studios and race tracks allowed me to scream at the top of my lungs.
Y: Yoga gave me the ability to listen to my breath and move my body naturally.

AND…

C: A new career change to an online company near the ocean.
H: Health. Ran a marathon and listened to my body instead of just looking at it.
A: Positive attitude made laughter continuous.
N: Natural miracles of friends’ babies made me realize even more the power of God.
G: Gratitude of where I lived filled my heart each day. A new home and beach city brought me closer to positive ions in the air.
E: Eternal memories from my grandmother who could no longer remember actions and events, but she remembered love. A reality and lesson to those of us who try to succeed without love, true love.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Sara said...

I'm so happy I managed to make it on the list....

Maybe I should work harder on selflessness in 2009.

But really, I like your list. I should do the same.

6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home