Saturday, January 03, 2009

Endurance...

Today I've been looking back at 2008 before I look forward at 2009 (yes, I know I'm a few days late). During my adventure, I came across an entry that I never published...and should have...

From April...

Enduring spirit. Enduring soul. And Enduring life. Words gone unwritten and sounds sunken. Day to day activities override heart to heart conversations. Mindless television watching takes over creative writing. Beats take over the actual words of a song…

…so I wonder – have I given up and given into the U.S.A. culture today? Or, have I settled down and become stabilized with being content as I am and not trying to prove myself anymore. Sure, I’d love to be traveling and giving seminars on how to change your life and make change in the world around you. Or, publish a joint novel written and illustrated by mother and me that inspires the homeless population, young children and growing artists. Heck, I’d even settle for this blog to actually make a difference.

I’m slowly realizing that all my ‘reach for the dreams’ thoughts don’t actually have to be earth shattering and really should just matter to me and all that surround me. I’m realizing that a night of learning how to cook ginger chicken is sometimes better than a night of heated garden burgers. A day filled with friends’ babies is sometimes better than a night filled with glittering lights and painfully loud rap. And hearing my mom’s voice is a thousand times better than not hearing it.

Call me real. Call me grown up. Call me someone that does continue to create, but no longer tries to push her creations on to others. Call me ‘mom’ one day. That is my new wish.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home