Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Right Thing


When you realize what you thought you knew, but didn’t, life before then seems so far away. A turn of events, a time to forgive, a change. We feed ourselves to starve the pain because we can’t face the facts. We are all afraid of something. But, when we stop and mostly because something happens, some event, we realize that we have to face the facts, we have to stop being afraid, and we have to make a change.

The last few days, a turn of events has happened to me. A friend came to me with a mission to help raise awareness for a man running from San Diego to Phoenix for cancer and a road trip ended with an explosion that made me realize what is meant to be.

I was forced to face the facts because of the explosion; just like people are forced to face the facts when they learn that a loved one has cancer. I was afraid of making a commitment; just like people are afraid to live each day as if it was their last. I was feeding myself with what I thought was filling the heart instead of leading my heart.

Life, as a friend put it to me recently, is ending as we know it. He described visiting his family and friends in his home country and how people were gone and other people were evolved. He was explaining revolving…he was saying that life is a constant change.

Now, I realize this. I realize that life is too short to not communicate to the people that you love. I realize life is too short to play games. I realize that life is about respect, its about hard work, its about doing the right thing. Time for me to do the right thing….

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home